Monday, March 4, 2013

Homemade Laundry Soap

When my regular detergent was no longer available for a period of time I ran into a serious problem at home.  I had laundry to do and no detergent to do it in.  So, after some research, I took matters into my own hands.

I went directly to those who I knew would be able to help me, my friends on Facebook.  :)  With their guidance, I was able to locate a recipe that I was comfortable making and thought might work well with in my situation.  I went to the store, quickly located what I needed, as the items were all sitting on a shelf right next to each other and came home to make some laundry detergent.

The recipe I used can be found here.  I followed the directions and ingredients to a "T" and so far so good.  I have done 8 loads of laundry in this soap and have loved the results so far.  The clothes smell fresh and I can see some of the colors a bit brighter.

I think my favorite part was that I was able to make one batch for about $2.  It works out to be $0.06 a load!  What a savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment