When my regular detergent was no longer available for a period of time I ran into a serious problem at home. I had laundry to do and no detergent to do it in. So, after some research, I took matters into my own hands.
I went directly to those who I knew would be able to help me, my friends on Facebook. :) With their guidance, I was able to locate a recipe that I was comfortable making and thought might work well with in my situation. I went to the store, quickly located what I needed, as the items were all sitting on a shelf right next to each other and came home to make some laundry detergent.
The recipe I used can be found here. I followed the directions and ingredients to a "T" and so far so good. I have done 8 loads of laundry in this soap and have loved the results so far. The clothes smell fresh and I can see some of the colors a bit brighter.
I think my favorite part was that I was able to make one batch for about $2. It works out to be $0.06 a load! What a savings!