Friday, June 25, 2010

We are off!

It is vacation time in my house!  :)
We are so excited.  And as expected I cannot sleep.  This is most common problem with our trips.  I always start out tired because I am so excited I cannot sleep.  With any luck I will be able to catch up some in the van. 
Our van is packed.  Our kids our ready.  And I am sure the stories are awaiting us.  When you have an 18 hour trip ahead of you, you anticipate the stories that await you.  We keep the kids busy with the DVD player and lots of toys that have been hidden from them over the last week or so.  That way I don't spend a fortune on new toys.  Their old toys become new again when they don't see them for a while.  But shhhh, don't tell and ruin my secret. 
Now I am sitting here waiting for my family to wake up.  Watch this will be the morning that all of my kdis decide to sleep in.  Now what you must know about my kids is that they ALWAYS get up before the sun.  And here it is 6:15 and no one is up but me.  Although, I am not complaining.  It is a different to sit here and just listen to the radio.  It is kind of nice.  Not nice enough, however, to want to do this on a daily basis. 
I have in the short time I have been up gotten dress, done my hair and updated my iPod for our trip.  Well, I THINK I have.  I am not technologically savvy.  I think I have put on there what I want...I think.  I will check it and then scream at it and then have my hubby do it.  He is just so much better at that than I am.  He laughs at me when I try and well, it doesn't work.  Worst part is that when he does it and explains it to me, it sounds SO simple!  My brain just isn't geared to REMEMBER what to do when I want to update my iPod.  Oh well, at least he gets a laugh from it. 
Enjoy the next couple of weeks.  I hope to update a couple times from the road.  Have a good 4th of July everyone!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment