Sunday, September 8, 2013

Revisiting Old Loves

When I was 5, I began taking piano lessons.  I loved it.  I am now, at the age of 29, sorry I quit taking piano.  I played and took lessons for 10 years.  I was never the best in my class but I loved every minute of it.  I made it to contest twice and was an alternate to a state competition as well.  I cannot believe how much I have missed playing.  

Today we had the opportunity to move a piano into our home.  What I love the most is that the piano we received is not just any piano, it is a family piano.  This piano came from my husbands family.  His grandparents purchased this piano for his aunt to play.  She has been gracious enough to let us use the piano.  I am so excited!  As soon as I could, I sat down and played.  I don't even think the guys had shut the door to the house before I sat down and played.  

The reason for the piano being moved in is even more exciting.  Our almost 8 year old daughter is starting lessons next week.  I cannot WAIT for her to start tinkering on the piano.  I hope that our other kiddos (6, 4, and 2) will take an interest in the piano as well.  I would love to have them all play, or at least try it out.  I certainly hope that my love for the piano and music in general will be passed down to them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment