Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

Today is Thanksgiving.  And I have much to give thanks for.  For one, I am so thankful for all of the kind and encouraging words I received after my last entry.  You all made me feel so loved and that some of you have been in VERY similar situations and survived.  So thank you for giving me hope.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I am thankful for our families.  I am thankful that both my husband's family and my family live close together so they can share the load as we continue to look for housing.  I am thankful that our families get along and are willing to share holidays so that everyone gets their time with us.

I am thankful for my hubby.  I am thankful that he has a fantastic new job that he seems to be in love with.  I am thankful that he takes the time to come and see us every weekend even when the weather is icky.  Side note: Yesterday on the way home from work it was icy and he was rear-ended.  I am sooo thankful that he is alright, with nothing but a sore neck for personal injury.  We are sad to lose our second vehicle but he is looking forward to finding the next one.  I am thankful that my hubby is a fantastic father.  He is so wonderful with our kids.  Watching him with them is so heart warming.  I am thankful that my hubby treats me better than he should. He is an amazing man of God.  I love him with all my heart.  Thank you God for giving me this man.

I am thankful for my kids.  I am thankful that each of them brings something different to the table.  Butterfly and her intelligence, Bee and her spunky attitude, and Bubby and his all boy-ness (is that even a WORD???).  I cannot imagine the world with out them.

So even though I may have my Debbie Downer days I still am quite thankful for what I have.  God is good and he has been good to us.  He continues to show us his mercies.

<3Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment