Monday, October 3, 2011

Mondays....

Mondays seem to come all too quickly as of late.  I have to get up at 6am to get Butterfly up by 6:15.  She needs to have breakfast eaten by 6:45 in order to get dressed, teeth brushed, hair combed and to have used the bathroom by 7:10.  At 7:10 we begin the daunting task of putting shoes on.  Yes, you heard me right...putting shoes on.  Butterfly is FULLY capable of putting her shoes on AND of tying her shoes.  However, she does not like to do it.  She convinced me that she would tie her shoes if I let her get them for school.  So, I did.  And here we are a month and a half into school and we are tying her shoes for her just to get her out the door to catch the bus by 7:25.  Now if my other kiddos were still tucked snuggly in their beds while this process was going on, it would be no big deal, but, you know my kids!

Bee is usually up BEFORE the alarm waiting for it to go off.  Bubby is waiting in his room (sometimes with the light ON) as I bleery eyed stumble into the kitchen.  He will knock on his door til we open it.  Sigh.  Then it is a scramble to get everyone the cereal they want or if they want oatmeal that particular morning.  And of course somewhere in the middle of all of this the baby wakes up and is hungry.

On Monday, Wednesday and Friday we have preK for B so we ALL have to get out the door by 8:50 to make it to school on time.  Then Bubby and Dragonfly and I will head out to do errands and hit up story time on Mondays.

Today was no exception to the busy pace of life here in our house.  But I look at our family and I look at what we have and I see what so many others don't.  I see God's blessing.  I see a, for the most part, healthy family.  I see an active family.  I see a very intelligent 5 (almost 6) year old, I see a very active 4 year old, I see an inquisitive 2 year old and a very cheerful 3 month old.  I see a husband who is doing his best to make our lives the way we have always dreamed of it.  We have a wonderful home, the ability to grow some of our own food, the ability to cook/bake what we need, and the ability to keep it up.

Even though things get rough around the edges at times, I try to remember that God is always there waiting for me to think of Him.  Romans 3:23 has been popping up all over the place as of late, "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."  I keep thinking on it and keep wondering what God has in mind with that verse.  I will keep pondering it and keep it close at heart.

I hope you all are having a blessed Monday!
<3 Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment