Sunday, October 30, 2011

Chocolate Cupcakes (GF, DF, SoyF, EF)

Butterfly had her birthday this weekend!  She is now a fabulous six year old (but that is another blog post!).  We had her party today and I knew that myself and a couple of the guests had food allergies/sensitivies so I needed to work with those as I prepared the cakes.

I found a very easy gluten free cake recipe that could EASILY be adapted to dairy, soy and egg free as well!  So I did it...and they taste fabulous!  :)  So I thought I would share the recipe with you all.  :)

I found the original recipe here.

One Bowl Gluten Free Chocolate Cake


  • 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour 

  • 1/2 cup cocoa

  • cup sugar

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • teaspoons baking soda

  • 3/4 teaspoon guar gum or 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum*

  • tablespoons cooking oil

  • tablespoon vinegar

  • teaspoon pure vanilla extract

  • egg*

  • cup water


    1. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
    2. Add all liquid ingredients and mix well.
    3. Bake in greased and floured 9" square pan (or lined with waxed paper), at 350 F, for 30 - 35, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
    *My Notes:  I used a premixed gluten free flour that already had the xanthum gum in it so I omitted this in my recipe.  I also used 1/4 c applesauce instead of the egg to make it egg free.  :)

    ENJOY!
    <3 Alison

    No comments:

    Post a Comment