Sunday, October 16, 2011

What is God trying to teach me?

This last week has been, well, stressful to say the least.  Hubby left for Detroit on Tuesday morning.  We made it through Wednesday night without him just fine. Thursday hit and I was not expecting it.  Butterfly woke up for school with a temperature of 103.  Sigh.  She had been coughing and said the inside of her nose hurt.  So I knew it was time to take her in.  Dragonfly had also not been feeling well so I thought since we were there I would have them check her out too.

Grandma was here so we loaded up all four kids (just in case it was something serious going around, I wanted to have all kids on hand) and headed to the doctor's office.  Butterfly and Dragonfly were diagnosed with upper respiratory infections and prescribed antibiotics.  We got those filled and headed home.

Enter, Thursday night.  Both Bee and Bubby had low grade fevers.  Sigh.  I checked them again the next morning (Friday) and decided I did not want to go into the weekend with the possiblity of 2 more sick kids.  So I pile everyone back in the car (this time sans Grandma) and head BACK to the doctor's office. Yep, two more with upper respiratory infections.  But Bubby was worse than any of the girls.  We were told to do a nebulizer treatment 3x's a day with him as well as the antibiotics.  Poor guy!

I was so glad to see Hubby come home on Friday (ok it was really close to Saturday morning)!  I knew he would only be home for a day but I needed his support.  So we spent yesterday just hanging out.  I LOVED IT.  Hubby and I decided to have an in date before he left for China (he will be leaving in 2 1/2hrs).  We rented Thor (pretty good movie!) and were up late.  It was then we heard Bubby in his room turning on his light.  Ok, silly boy, I thought...back to bed!  Hubby picked him up and said, "Um, he is HOT!"  So I search for the thermometer.  Yep, 101.5.  Sigh.  Guess there will be no church for us today.

I sure hope these sick kids get better soon.  We have plans this weekend to celebrate the long weekend (MEA break)!  Pray that my kids get well soon.  All week I have been thinking about the saying, God won't give you more than you can bear.  Right now I am hoping he knows my limits well.  I am pretty stressed out.  But I came across this verse and it reminds me of what I need to do.

"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all undertstanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Philippians 4:6-7

So this is what I am going to try and do this week and for the two following weeks while Hubby is out of town.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!
<3 Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment