Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Baby Update #2

Well, no baby yet.

We spent Father's Day in the hospital with contractions.  I was getting contractions allllll daaaaaay looooong.  They started on Saturday night on the way home from my in laws house.  We had been up there celebrating Father's Day with them and stopped in to say Hi to Hubby's grandfather who was in the hospital.  Thank goodness we did some celebrating that day because Sunday was no picnic for Hubby.

I woke up at about 3am with contractions I couldn't sleep thru.  I thought to myself...YAY!  This is gonna be a Bubby type labor, which was by far my shortest and easiest labor.  We got my mother in law to come down and watch the kids and were at the hospital by 6am.

I was contracting regularly and they were strong enough!  Again, YAY!  So they got me hooked up to an IV for fluids and an antibiotic (since I am group B strep positive).  Things stayed pretty consistent all morning.  Then afternoon hit and the regular contractions started to get a bit wonky.  I hadn't been checked since I was admitted so about this time they checked me to see how things were going.  Well, come to find out...things weren't going.  I was no more dilated than when I walked in the door.  Talk about a shocker!

I "labored" for more of the afternoon until about 4 (I think, I wasn't staring at the clock) and they checked again.  Again, no change.  :(  So they decided it was time to do some pain meds and some sleepy meds.  I was worn out and ready for labor to either be for real or go away.  So I got some sleep and my contractions turned into some very minor ones and again, no change.  So about 8pm we gathered our things and headed back home.

Monday was a lazy day for me.  I had a pity party for myself and hung out in bed for most of the day.  By the end of the day I was bored with that so I took a shower before Hubby got home.  He got home and suggested that we go out for our anniversary, which is coming up on Sunday.  So I got ready and we went down to Okoboji to a little restaurant, Yesterday's.  It was good food and a fun atmosphere, just a little over priced from what we are used to in Ohio.  But it was still fun.  We then went for a walk by the lake.  It was a great night.

Tuesday I started getting contractions again, YAY!  Every 5 minutes but since I had a doctor appt later that day I thought I would just take a pain med and get some rest (as I am STILL tired from Sunday's escapade) and I will go in then.  So that is what I did!  And guess what, at my appointment...STILL NO CHANGE!

Now don't get me wrong, I am not upset that I don't have my baby in my arms (ok maybe just a little) but I am frustrated that all of the pain I am feeling is not doing anything.  I feel like part of my body is ready for the baby but the other part just isn't and they can't agree on what to tell the rest of me to do.

Baby will come when she is ready, I know that.  And God's plan is the best plan.  I just want the pain part to go away until REAL labor hits.  Can you blame me???  lol!

Hope that you all had a great Father's Day with those you love.
<3 Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment