Thursday, June 2, 2011

Budget Meal Planning!

I am 34 weeks pregnant.  And it hits me...I don't have meals made for after Baby D is born.  And frankly, if I did, I would be in trouble with freezer space.  Right now our big freezer is packed FULL of fresh beef.  But I literally have maybe a handful of things to pull out after the baby is born.  This is a little stressful for me.  So I am doing things a bit differently for after this baby is born.  I am making a menu for the next two months and putting ALL the recipes with that menu.  So whoever is here to help can EASILY find the plan for food for that day.  

Here is our meal plan for the month of June.  You can see as the month progresses the menu gets more and more simple, as I near my due date.
2 Thursday: French Toast
3 Friday: Crockpot Meatloaf
4 Saturday: Steaks, mashed potatoes, asparagus
5 Sunday: Roast, carrots, potatoes
6 Monday: Round Steak, Rice Side and veggies
7 Tuesday: BBQ Beef, veggies
8 Wednesday: Chicken Noodle Soup, fresh bread?
9 Thursday: Tacos
10 Friday: Spaghetti, garlic bread, veggies
11 Saturday: Turkey Tetrazzini, salad, veggies
12 Sunday: Burgers, chips, beans
13 Monday: Poor Hotdish
14 Tuesday: Tuna Noodle Casserole
15 Wednesday: Gabriel’s Eggs
16 Thursday:  Macaroni and Cheese with Sausages
17 Friday: Beef Stew
18 Saturday: Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken
19 Sunday: Stroganoff with Egg Noodles
20 Monday: Easy Lasagna Bake
21 Tuesday: Sausage/tomato/pasta thing (Christa’s recipe)
22 Wednesday: Tuna Noodle Helper
23 Thursday: Crock Pot chicken and Rice
24 Friday: Breakfast
25 Saturday: Steaks, potato salad, veggies
26 Sunday: Pizza
27 Monday: Tuna Noodle Helper
28 Tuesday: Tacos
29 Wednesday: Spaghetti
30 Thursday: Poor Hotdish

To go with each week's recipes I have also complied a list of groceries that may need to be picked up from the store during that time.  It is mostly things like fresh veggies and milk...basically the perishable things.  

Over the next couple of months I expect to see that all the couponing that I have been doing will start to pay off.  I know we have enough cereal as well as pastas, sides, and condiments.  Most of our personal care stuff I have enough of to last us much longer than that as well.  

I think our biggest challenge is going to be lunch.  I am terrible at figuring out what to have for lunch.  Many times I am sure we will be eating leftovers, we do have some Lean Cuisines in the freezer as well.  But most of the time I think we will be having PB&J with some fruit.

That is my project for today.  I fear that it will be a Veggie Tales kind of day for my kiddos.  
Hope you all have a fantastic day!

<3 Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment