Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Gardening Update!

Hubby and my Dad were out in the gardens all afternoon yesterday.  YAY!  I am so excited that they were able to finish getting most of the garden in.  They had to revamp the fourth bed completely but we will be able to get most of what we wanted worked in to other areas of the yard/gardens.

The fourth bed has the following:
Zucchini, Squash, and Potatoes.

We have a small bed that is near our retaining wall that we will also be creating a strawberry patch in.  We will be making it a two tier bed.  The top tier will have strawberries and the bottom tier (for this year) will have watermelon and pumpkin in.  I will also be pot planting my herb garden, which was supposed to go into the fourth bed, we just didn't have enough room in it.

I am hoping to get some pictures taken today but it is super windy and I am not sure I am up to fighting the wind to get those pictures today...lol.  :)

I feel so blessed that my Hubby and Dad were able to get so much work done yesterday.   Now if the wind would just die down a bit we could mulch the beds with the grass clippings like we had planned.

On a side note: I did a little coupon trip yesterday to our local grocery.  They were tripling coupons for the day that were $0.50 and less, so I could potentially save $1.50 per $0.50 coupon.  :)  They also had ketchup on sale for $1.99.  I had a $0.50 coupon, tripled to $1.50, making each 40oz bottle of ketchup $0.49 each!  YAY!  I also picked up 6 marinades for $0.79 each.  I spent $8.73 and saved over $22!  About 72% in savings.  :)  And I will have ketchup for a long while.  :)

Hope you all had a great weekend.  I am off to rest for the last 30 minutes of naptime.  :)
<3 Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment