Monday, May 2, 2011

Couponing, again...lol!

On Friday the family and I headed to our nearest Target.  We were having dinner with some family and took the opportunity to do some couponing at Target as well, since we don't get to one very often any more (I know, shock of all shocks, you can no longer find me in Target any day of the week...lol!).

I had a general idea of what I wanted to look at and pick up.  But I knew there were deals at Target that weren't in their add, since I had been reading chatter about them on the different websites that I follow.  So I just kinda went with it.  And I think I did pretty well, if I do say so myself.  :)

Here are a few pictures of what we picked up and how much we saved.  :)  These items are all things that we use.  My view on couponing is it isn't really a deal if you aren't going to use it.  So I only clip/keep coupons that I know that we are going to use.  Then I won't get stuck with 4000 boxes of Yakisoba noodles that we won't ever eat, free or not...we won't be eating them.  I will let someone else have those coupons and then they can eat them, lol.  :)


1 - 5 pack of 0-3 month onesies (they were on clearance for $0.66!!!), 7 boxes of dish detergent, 6 bottles of body wash, 6 packs of panty liners, 12 boxes of Granola Thins, 7 bottles of kid toothpaste, 5 bottles of adult toothpaste, 1 tube Butt Paste, 6 kids toothbrushes, 1 pack of pacis, and 12 containers of floss.


Our receipt!  :)


Our savings and total! :)

I think we did pretty well with this trip.  I saved well over what I spent, and that is what I was hoping to do.  When the total got to the top I was worried that we would be putting items back on the shelf but to my great surprise we did pretty well and saved a ton.  I am still getting the hang of this couponing thing but I think I can make this work.  :)  In the long run, I am hoping that we will be able to use the products that we pick up excess of to help those who need it most.  We hope to be able to drop things off at the food shelf and local shelters as well.  

Happy Couponing Everyone! :)
<3 Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment