Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Latest Coupon Trip

Last night I headed out to do my coupon trip.  I had 5 stores on my list.  Wal-Mart, Fareway, Dollar General, Walgreen's and Hy-Vee.  I started with Wal-Mart...that trip was a bust.  I didn't read my coupon well enough to realize I couldn't get what I needed for the price I wanted so I left with nothing in hand.

Fareway was much more successful.  I found 2 things that were on my Wal-Mart list on sale at Fareway and with my coupon they were great deals!  :)

Dollar General was a good trip too.  Picked up some feminine hygeine products that were on sale and that I had $1 off coupons on.  I figure those things don't go bad so why not...lol.

Walgreen's was my favorite store.  I am beginning to REALLY like Walgreen's.  I had two items on my list for Walgreen's; Pantene Pro-V and Dawn.  I went and picked up my shampoo and conditioner and my Dawn and headed to the register.  I was waiting in line when a worker said she could help next in line (aka:  ME!) at cosmetics.  So I walked over (ok so at this point it was more of a waddle...I had already been thru 3 stores...come on...lol) and she helped me out.  Not only did she help me but she helped me figure out the Register Rewards program that they have.  She made sure that I got as many RR as I could!  Multiple trasnactions yes, having an employee explain how they work and how to use them, priceless!  She was SO sweet!  I will be doing much more shopping at our Walgreen's.

Then off to Hy-Vee.  This is where I was going to be doing the bulk of my shopping.  Their advertised prices were cheaper than Fareway and Wal-Mart for the items that were on my grocery list that I didn't have coupons for so I headed there.   I found many good deals and even got to find a few extra deals that I DID have coupons for and were on sale.  I love it when that happens.

I spent about $183 and saved myself $83.  That is a 31% savings!  YAY!  I am so excited!  My goal each time I shop is to now save between 20 and 25% so I surpassed my goal.  I still have one more store to hit (as I forgot a couple of items on my list, go figure) but I expect to do just as well there.  :)

I am working on a post of how I gather my information and how I shop to try and help you guys get started couponing too.  I really love it!  Hopefully the post will be ready by the end of the week.

<3 Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment