Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

I am so excited that we have a 3 day weekend coming up!  YAY!
This weekend is going to be filled with planting.  Over the last month or so Hubby has put together four raised bed gardens for me.  So I have some very nice places to plant my garden this year.

We are planning on planting some tomatoes (can you say spaghetti sauce???), peppers, onions, cucumbers, lettuce, carrots, potatoes, squash, and zucchini.  I can't wait to start harvesting them...guess I better get them planted first!  :)

If you recall I had tried to start my own seedlings this year.  Well, they started off really well and then well, I kept forgetting about them.  :(  My poor preggo brain just couldn't handle remembering one more thing...so I will be heading out to a local place to pick up some plants for our garden.

On Monday there is a parade here in town that we are looking forward to going to.  The kids love parades and we love the sense of community that surrounds them.  Then my parents are coming down.  They will likely be helping us finish up the planting and we will be having a cookout.  Burgers and hot dogs on the grill, chips, beans, watermelon, pasta salad, rhubarb crisp....ahhhh, sounds so good my mouth is watering!

What are your plans for this Memorial Day weekend?  I would love to hear about them!

<3 Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment