Sunday, May 29, 2011

Gardening!

That is what today has been about.  :)

This morning Hubby and I loaded the kids in the van and headed to a local greenhouse to pick out our plants.  The ones I planted earlier this spring didn't work out so well so we just went with the ones at the greenhouse.

I was very impressed with the selection first off.  The plants looked very healthy and the prices were great! We bought tomatoes, peppers, onions, cucumbers, a pumpkin, a watermelon, squash, zucchini, potatoes, and probably a couple of other things I cannot remember.  We also picked up some flowers, in hopes that it helps deter the deer from snacking on our veggies, petunias, snapdragons and alyssum.
These are the plants that we picked up!  :)

I am also planting a few things from seed; lettuce, carrots, peas and green beans.  I am very excited to get this all in the ground and start our growing season.

Our first raised bed will have the following items:

Row 1: Alyssum, Petunias, and Snapdragons.
Row 2: Peas, Cucumbers, and Green Beans.
Row 3: Lettuce, Onions, and Carrots.

That is the garden that I got planted today.  I am bushed but am really excited about having Stuffed Peppers for dinner so I better get on that.  :)

Our second raised bed will have:

Row 1: Bell Peppers
Row 2: Tomatoes

Our third raised bed will have:

Row 1: Tomatoes
Row 2: Tomatoes

Our fourth raised bed will have:

Section 1: Squash
Section 2: Zucchini
Section 3 Potaotes
Section 4: Pumpkin
Section 5: Watermelon
Section 6: Herb Garden
This bed is configured differently because of the kinds of vegetables we are planting.

Our herb garden will have:
Basil, Chives, Oregano, Cilantro, Thyme and Rosemary.  I wanted to plant dill but couldn't find any at the places we stopped today.

That is our garden!  :)  I can't wait until it is all finished so that we can reap what we have sown.  :)

<3 Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment