Monday, August 29, 2011

Here we go!

Today I start being a single parent for a week.  Hubby is off on a couple of business trips and won't be home til Friday.  I told him last night that even though I don't like that he is going I am not feeling as nervous as I normally do when he leaves town.  That is HUGE progress.  It is what it is and there is nothing I can do to change it.  All I can do is take it moment by moment and day by day.

Today is going well so far.  I got Hubby and Butterfly off this morning and then hit the ground running.  I have 2 of the 3 beds changed that need it and am on my second load of laundry.  I got the house cleaned last night so that is all set to go too.  With any luck I will have a few spare moments to go through some more boxes in the basement to get things ready for our garage sale in a couple of weeks.  It is time to purge things that we are no longer using.

I am hoping that in the coming weeks I will be able to get a book shelf for the girls' room and get all of their toys in the basement play room.  That way we have a "quiet area" and a "play area".  I think that will help ensure the naps that are still needed by my kids.

Over the last month I have eliminated dairy, soy and gluten from my diet.  I am very pleased with how I feel and pleased that Dragonfly seems to be doing ok too.  I still wish I could figure out why she is still super gassy and fussy at night..every night.  Since Hubby is gone this week I think that my kids will be eating more like me as well.  I will be cooking much less pasta and using breads less as well.  The kids actually like salads so we might have those for lunches.

Well, I am off to go fold some laundry!  Hope you all are having a great Monday!
<3 Alison

2 comments:

  1. Not that I want to be one to suggest it (mainly bc I know what it means...) but have you trialed off corn? It is in everything, and lots of kiddos have issues with it :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done that yet...but it has been on my mind. I might have to do that. I suspect that D has hidden reflux, which makes me super sad. Just not sure what to do next I guess. Perhaps I will take corn out of my diet too. Since I am eating mostly "whole" foods (aka meat (seasoned w/ salt and pepper), veg, etc) it wouldn't be that hard I don't think. I just don't have the cash flow right now to try breads and other "mixed" foods.

    ReplyDelete