Thursday, November 3, 2011

Poodle Skirt and Pinterest

I am sooo excited.  I pulled out the good ol' sewing machine tonight and whipped up a poodle skirt for Butterfly for kindy.  You see, tomorrow is the 50th day of school.  So, they are having a 50's style party.  I thought to myself, "What 50's party is complete without a poodle skirt?!".  Thus ensuing Project Make a Poodle Skirt.

I knew I was short on time and energy so I had to think quick.  There was only one place I could think of that would have the answer for me and www.pinterest.com is the place.  So, I searched around and found this FABULOUS circle skirt, and let's be honest...a poodle skirt is nothing more than a big circle with a hole in the middle for you.  :)  I was sooo relieved to find that it was really that simple!  Since I was heading to the "City" this last week I knew I could get what I needed no problem.  I picked up some pink felt, some 2" wide elastic (in white), and an iron-on poodle.  Yep, that is it.

Here is the link to the pattern so you too can make your very own poodle skirt (or any circle style skirt really!).

And here is a pic of the skirt.  I will add a pic of the girl in the skirt tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment