Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter All!

Our Easter was filled with family and friends. 

We had a wonderful service at church with an inspiring sermon from our pastor.  Our kids enjoyed their time at kids praise and kids church.  We then headed out for an Easter egg hunt on the church grounds.  They enjoyed it so much.  One of my favorite parts was watching the older kids come along side the younger ones to help them find the eggs. 

Next was our pancake brunch.  This has been a tradition for some years now and it is by far a favorite.  Chris Cakes comes and flips pancakes for us.  They do an amazing job.  The kids love it as do the adults. 


After a quick nap we all decided to head to the park for a bit of play time.  And then it was time for dinner.  Ham, potatoes, green beans, crescent rolls and apple pie.  YUM!  The only this is, I have a TON of ham left over.  I chopped some to make some ham salad and some for ham and potato soup.  But I still have 2 bags of ham leftover.  I chopped them and put them in the freezer.  Maybe I will save them to make some potato soup for later.

After dinner, since we could not be with family, we did a Skype conversation with my parents who happen to have my niece this week since she is on spring break.  It is such an amazing way for us to keep up with each other as we are so far apart.  

Now it is time to relax and get ready for yet another week.  I will be sure to post the recipes that I use for the potato soup and ham salad. 

I hope that you all have had a blessed Easter Sunday this year. 

Here are a few pictures of us.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment