Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter dresses on parade!

For the last week or so I have been working on getting the girls' Easter dresses done.  I have my oldest daughter's close to done but have barely started my 2nd daughters.  Corbin was going to get an outfit done too but I chickened out and bought his...who can beat Once Upon A Child prices on things like that?  :)

At any rate here are a few pictures of what I have been working on.

Finished Dress (well, almost...lol)



Unfinished skirt (inside)


Unfinished bodice (inside)


I am not an expert seamstress but I am pretty proud of what I am doing.  :)   This is the first time I have done pleats so they aren't perfect and I have had to do some adjusting on the finished product for my eldest's dress.  It was WAY too big in the bodice so I had to take it in quite a bit.  The pleats don't quite line up on that one but that is alright.  

She actually just came downstairs from nap and said, "Oh MOMMY!  Is that my dress?  It is SOOO beautiful."  That just about melts my heart.   I will post some finished pictures when I get the dresses done.  The girls can do a little "fashion show".  :)  They will love it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment