Saturday, April 10, 2010

Inspiration

Where do you get your inspiration from?  Is it from a friend?  A family member?  Perhaps your children? 

My inspiration comes from many places.  Today it came from a friend's blog and my husband.  They inspired me to remember that God loves me for who I am.  That HE is the one that I need to look to.  HE is the one, the ONLY one, who can make me feel whole. 

I will be the first to admit that I am not perfect...not NEAR it.  I don't always look to God for my direction.  At times, I utterly and completely fail. 

I know that God wants me to look to Him always.  He wants me to look to Him for inspiration.  He wants me to fully depend on Him.  From 1 Peter 5 I found this verse: "Cast your cares upon the Lord, for he cares for you."  Why can I not do that?  Why do I take all of the worries and guilt on myself? In Matthew 11 I find this, "Come unto me, all ye who are weary and overburdened, and I will give you rest."  Rest, He will GIVE me rest!  I don't have to work for it, I don't have to plead for it, He will just GIVE it to me.

Today I truly believe that God used one of my fellow bloggers and friend to remind me to trust in Him and to look to him.  I thank God for her.  I thank God for my husband who helped me realize that the devil was trying to use a situation to make me stumble.  God has given me much and for that He is to be PRAISED!

No comments:

Post a Comment