Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Granola Bars

You asked and will receive!  :)  Here is the granola bar recipe that I got a from a friend of mine (Thanks Stacie!).  They are fantastic!  You can make them however you want them.  Really healthy with nuts and berries or you can make them a little indulgent with chocolate.  :)

I typically use the whole wheat flour.  I like how it tastes.  Also I use half corn syrup and half honey.  I have used a trail mix blend I picked up from Target and that worked out GREAT.  I have also added chocolate chips and nuts and nuts and dried berries.  SOOO good.  :)  My hubby likes to take these with him for after he gets done mountain biking.  

Enjoy!

Granola Bars
(make a 9x13 pan)
(also, I have the healthier version of an ingredient next to the basic ingredient on some items, just wanted to give you a heads up so you don't use both!)

Mix together:

4 1/2 cups old fashion oats
1 cup white flour or 3/4 cup whole wheat
1/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup light corn syrup or honey
10 tablespoons melted margarine or melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup of any add ins such as chocolate chips, cranberries and almonds, coconut, walnuts...etc...I like doing a half cup chocolate chips and peanut butter chips

Mix all ingredients together...make sure it is mixed VERY well. Pour into a greased 9x13, press bars into pan with greased hands then bake at 325 degrees for 18 minutes. Immediately after you take them out of the oven, take a flat spatula and press the granola bars into the pan, this makes them hold together well. Cut into bars after cooling for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment