Monday, May 24, 2010

Journals

In the last week I have started doing a couple of things. 
Thing 1:  I started writing a journal.  I have been struggling internally with a situation and I am desperately trying to figure out what I am to do, what is Godly and how to do it.  Since my weekend at Women of Faith I have been reading a book by Lisa Welchel, Friendship for Grown-ups.  As I am reading the book I am sitting there thinking, "Was she sitting here watching me over the last few months?"  So, as I read that book I am learning from her experiences and God is softening my heart.  I know that God can heal my brokeness, but I have to allow Him to do so. 

Thing 2:  I started writing!  Not just the journal.  This is something that I have loved to do but never found the time.  With Butterfly and Bee being older and keeping Bubby occupied I have a few minutes here and there and am finally able to do it!  I love it.  Developing characters, writing the plots, expanding on the characters life.  It is so much fun!  Now nothing will ever come of my writings but at least it gives me a portable hobby.  I can take a pen and pad of paper pretty much where ever I go.  :)



Have you written a journal?  How did it make you feel?  Did you somehow feel lighter by just getting the words out?

For me, the journal I have been writing is very therapeutic.  I am able to work through things much easier.  I feel less anxious.  Any time I feel overwhelmed, anxious, depressed, happy, sad, angry, etc I can write it down.  Many times the things I write turn into prayers.  Prayers to help myself understand my circumstances.  Prayers for others. 

What do you to pass the time?  What is your favorite outlet?  Favorite hobby?  Do you have as much time as you would like to enjoy this hobby?

No comments:

Post a Comment