Tuesday, February 8, 2011

18 weeks

I am 18 weeks pregnant today.  WOW!  2 more weeks and I will be half way done.  4 more weeks and I will know the sex of the baby!  I am just amazed at how fast the first part of this pregnancy has gone.  I definetly look a lot more pregnant than I have before at this point.  I guess when you get to the 4th pregnancy that is what happens.  :)

I have been comparing and contrasting things with this pregnancy and with my other pregnancies.  This one I am eating more healthy.  I tend to want things like sauteed zucchini, baked potatoes, meat, fish, and veggies (fresh and frozen).  I have also been craving lots of chocolate.  In many corners of my home you will find different types of chocolate.  Everything from Hershey's kisses to Godiva.  I try to limit myself to just a couple a day.  With this pregnancy I have also been craving water!  I know weird right?!  But it is true.  If I don't have at least between 90-120 oz of water a day I feel PARCHED!  I will get headaches, be cranky, and just plain unmotivated.  I have eliminated almost all caffeine, with the exception of the occasional cup of coffee in the morning.  I don't even drink iced tea much any more.

In my past pregnancies I have been much less careful with my food and beverage intake.  I would eat fast food, drink soda, and tons of coffee.  I felt sluggish and I gained a ton of weight.  Now that I think about it a bit more, that is what I ate when I was preggers with both of the girls.  When I was pregnant with Bubby I ate very similarly to the way I am now.  Only this time the amount of fast food has decreased drastically.  We moved to a new area where fast food isn't as readily available.  You are probably thinking, where did you move to, the sticks?!  Yup, that is where I live...lol.  :)

At any rate, for the most part I have been feeling so much better this time around.  I have, again for the most part, more energy and less problems.  This time around I didn't get sick in that first trimester...ok I didn't get morning sickness, I got the flu...lol.  But that was only for a couple of days.   I haven't had the braxton hicks contractions that I got starting at 15 weeks with Bubby.

So far in this pregnancy, I haven't gained anything.  I actually think I lost a couple of pounds.  Now don't get me wrong, I am not trying to lose weight.  I am just eating the way I should have been before hand and will be from now on.  It really helped that before I got pregnant (no matter how unexpected that it was) that I was already on track for making these life changes.  My best friend back in OH was helping me get healthy.  She was helping me with exercising and keeping me accountable for the food I ate and the water I needed to drink.  So when I did get pregnant my body was ready and used to eating that way and I guess it has just continued.  I LOVE IT!

Well, that is just an update on my pregnancy.  Hope you all are having a great week!
<3 Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment