Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Crafty, crafty, crafty...



I am so excited about today's post!  It is about all things crafty.  A friend of mine posted this on Facebook and I thought these ideas were fantastic.  Check it out for yourselves!  Over the next week or so I am going to start making some of these things and sharing my experience with them.  But to hold you over til I get them done I am posting some crafty things that the kids and I have been doing.

Today we are trying the edible peanut butter play-doh.  I am so excited!

Here are a couple of crafts that I have made with the kids for Valentine's Day.

#1.  Valentine's Day Poster
I was going to post the link to the original site where I found it but I have since lost it...ugh.  So if anyone finds it let me know and I will gladly give credit where credit is due.  :)

First we cut out a heart.  Butterfly cut out her own after I traced the heart shape on the paper.  Then we glued the heart to a big piece of manila paper.  The next step was to paint the kids' hands and have them put their prints on the paper overlapping onto the heart.  When that was dry to the touch I let Butterfly write her own name with the glitter pen.  I wrote her name so she wouldn't run out of room when she wrote it (since that is generally what happens...lol)  But other than that she did it.  At the very end I wrote Happy Valentine's Day on the bottom.  These are now hanging in the kids' rooms.  :)

#2.  Paper Chains


Now every kid I have ever known has done these.  You can use these to count down the days to something or to decorate a room.  They are super cute and super easy.  I had Butterfly help me.  She wanted a fat chain so we cut the paper the short way instead of the long way.  Bee wasn't as interested in making a chain this time but that was ok.  She had fun coloring instead.
Have a fun day everyone!
<3 Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment