Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mommy and Daddy Vacation!

Hubby and I just got back from a much needed mini vaca away from the kids.  We took the weekend to celebrate his birthday, Valentine's Day, and my birthday.  We had a baby shower to go to as well so we just made a weekend of it and spent the night at a Hilton Garden Inn.  It was so nice!  We booked our room through Hotels.com and got a great price on the room.  The amenities were great as well.  A king size comfy bed was my favorite.  They had a great shower (although no tub) and a microwave as well as a mini fridge and coffee maker in room.
We also got a chance to go see a movie!  AHHH!  It wasn't rated G either!  We saw Just Go With It, starring Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler.  It was a great romantic comedy.  A little something for the both of us.  Unlike many of Adam Sandler's movies, many of the people you expect to see in his movies were not in this one.  I didn't think I would miss that but I did.
Now that we are back and things are hitting stride again we are glad.  We enjoyed our time away but we love our kids so much that we are glad to see them and hear all of their antics again.
I highly recommend getting away with your spouse when you can.  I don't mean you have to go and do an overnight or anything but just get away for a little bit to remind yourselves why you married who you did.  Go out for a nice dinner or a quick trip to the store.  Just allow yourselves to relax and remember why you love your spouse.
Now, off to go enjoy my birthday present...my Nook Color!  :)
<3Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment