Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011!

Happy 2011 everyone!
I am feeling very blessed already this year.  I went to bed much before the "ball dropped" and am very happy that I did so.  The new year came in just fine without me.  :)  And I am in a much better mood because of it.  I think that should be my new holiday tradition...going to bed before midnight.
How did you all celebrate the new year?
Last night we got to spend the evening with lots of family.  We went out to my grandmother's house and met my 2 of my aunts and their families and one of my cousins.  My sister's family was there too, as were my parents.  We left my parents and sister there and took the kids back to my parents house.  About the time we got back to my parents house we also realized that we don't have a key to the house.  After several phone calls to my parents we found the key and tried it in the garage door and the front door.  Another phone call and we realize that the key works in the patio door.  Hmmmm.  Now in Ohio this would not have been a problem.  But here in Minnesota there is a BIG problem.  The problem is called snow.  And we have LOTS of it.  Poor Hubby had to wade through the snow which at best is knee deep.  Another thing that you must know is that my Dad makes a sled run from the top of the steps of the deck to the back yard...which has been packed down and is slick from the kids using it.  So Hubby had to maneuver up that.  Just to get to the top of the steps where there is waist deep snow.  Thankfully Hubby got to the top of the deck, unlocked the door and let us all in. 
It was a funny start to the new year.  We then put the kids down and enjoyed some time together.  I think that was my favorite part.  Just being able to see my hubby by himself.  We have one more week of not living in the same house and then we will be able to live together in our new house together.  YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope your 2011 will be a good one.  We are looking forward to the new things that this year has in store for us.
Love and Blessings,
Alison

1 comment:

  1. Made me laugh to picture the trek up the slippery slope to your back door! Happy New Year to all of you! So happy you have your new home and new life to look forward to there in the new year!

    ReplyDelete