Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sausage and Lentil Soup Recipe and Review

At some point this fall Hubby and I went on a date (GASP!) and went to Carraba's Italian Grill.  We ordered some appetizers and our food.  My dinner came with a soup and I ordered the Sausage and Lentil Soup that they offered.  It sounded really good and it WAS!  Since then I have been wanting to make some at home.  Well this week I found a recipe that mimicked what I had that night.  :)

I got the recipe from food.com.

Here is how I made it:


Carrabba's Sausage and Lentil Soup



Ingredients

    • 1 lb Italian sausage ( You can also use Italian turkey sausage)
    • 1 large onions, chopped
    • 1 stalk celery, chopped
    • 2 large carrots, chopped
    • 1 small zucchini, chopped
    • 6 cups chicken broth
    • 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
    • 2 -3 garlic cloves
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 2 cups dry lentils
    • black pepper

Directions

  1. Brown sausage; drain off fat.
  2. In a large pot combine all ingredients bring to boil.
  3. Reduce heat,cover.
  4. Simmer for about 1 hour or until lentils are tender. Add water if necessary, for desired consistency. 
  5. Enjoy!

    I hope your family enjoys this as much as mine did.
    <3 Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment