I got the recipe from food.com.
Here is how I made it:
Carrabba's Sausage and Lentil Soup
- 1 lb Italian sausage ( You can also use Italian turkey sausage)
- 1 large onions, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dry lentils
- black pepper
- Brown sausage; drain off fat.
- In a large pot combine all ingredients bring to boil.
- Reduce heat,cover.
- Simmer for about 1 hour or until lentils are tender. Add water if necessary, for desired consistency.
I hope your family enjoys this as much as mine did.<3 Alison