Saturday, January 29, 2011

Integrating into a New Environment

We have officially been in our house for over 2 weeks.  I am very excited that things are starting to come together and our house is starting to look like, well, a house and less of a storage space.  Feeling semi on top of things at home is a great feeling.  But then I look at my kids and realize that I don't have them involved in much of anything and how are we to make new friends if we stay in our house all the time.  So I called the local E.C.F.E office (Early Childhood Family Education) to see what they had available.  It turns out that they have a kindergarten prep class starting on February 10th for Butterfly.  They also have several classes for Bee and Bubby.  I am very excited.  :)  The kids are too.

We were lucky enough to have the Pastor of the church we visited over for "coffee" on Thursday night to chat about that church and the local area.   It was great getting to know someone new.  We are also going to be having dinner with a family from that church this evening.  They have four kids all similar ages to our three at this point.  I am very excited to get to know them.  They live just down the block from us.

With any luck this is going to be a good start to our  new lives in our new home/area.
<3 Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment