Thursday, July 7, 2011

12 days old

Our little Dragonfly is 12 days old and today is the first day that I have been by myself with all four kids.  We made it out of the house today, we headed to Bible study at church.  We did ok!  :)  We actually got to church on time!  :D

It is very different to get four kids ready as opposed to three.  The older girls are pretty self sufficient.  I can tell them go get dressed, brush your hair and teeth, and they will.  But I now have to get Bubby and Dragonfly ready as well as myself.  I made sure to get up before Hubby left for work so that I could get a shower.

Yesterday, Dragonfly had her 1 week appointment at the doctors office to check on her bilirubin levels and to do a weight check.  They said she looked great and that she is only a mere ounce short of her birth weight!  YAY!  They like to see babies back to their birth weight by 2 weeks and Dragonfly is just a few days shy of that.  I am confident that she will hit that milestone.  :)

Last night we had a little mishap at the house.  Butterfly was getting a piggy back ride from my niece and some how fell off or tried to get off and hit her head and my niece landed on her stomach.  OUCH!  After a few scary moments of Butterfly passing out everything was ok again.  We had her take it easy for the rest of the evening and she is feeling much better today.  Thank goodness!

Well, it is time to get some housework done before I am too tired to do it.
Have a good one!
<3 Alison

1 comment:

  1. oh my...I've never had a kiddo pass out (yet) - how scary! ...and I'm with you on the getting a shower before hubs goes out the door :)

    ReplyDelete