Thursday, July 28, 2011

Green Green Garden!

I am so excited about the harvest I pulled in from the garden today.  There was so much of it!  :D  Add that on top of what I have gotten over the last couple of days and I really need to figure out what to do with some of it.

I am making my second batch of half sour pickles (which are turning out better than the first batch) and have at LEAST enough to make a third round...but I think I might want to try making some regular dill pickles instead.  I have TONS of zucchini to use.  I think I am going to make some zucchini bread or zucchini chocolate chip muffins.  If I still have extra I will probably shred it and freeze it.

I have a bunch of bell peppers that are needing to be used too.  I think a batch of stuffed bell peppers are in order...one to eat and one to freeze.

Now if my tomatoes would just ripen so I could make some spaghetti sauce we would be in business.

I plan to head to the grocery store and pick up a couple of lugs of peaches so that I can start canning those.  I love this time of year.

Our butternut squash plants are going WILD!  Soon we will have more squash than we know what to do with.  I can't wait to start freezing that so that Dragonfly will have some yummy squash to try later this winter.


<3 Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment