Monday, July 18, 2011

Today's Steal!

Today I took all four kids out shopping.  That means (for those of you who don't live here) that I load up four kids, drive 90 minutes, and go shopping.  This kind of trip can end one of two ways, everyone rested and ready for some shopping or a hoard of crabby children being drug around a store with their overly exhausted mommy.  Luckily, today I had the former!  :)  YAY kids!  All four of them took naps on the way to go shopping.

First stop was JoAnn's to pick up blackout lining.  I am needing to sew some of it on to the kids' curtains...in great hopes we can make the mornings a little bit later.  :)

Second stop was Once Upon A Child.  HUGE SCORE!  They were having a clearance sale on (what I assume was) last years winter stuff.  I got 5 sweaters, 5 long sleeve t-shirts, a pair of fall capris (read: corduroy capris), and a skirt.  I then found 2 pairs of thick tights and a pair of thick footless tights.  Grand total:  $20!  I am SO excited!  They are all great brands too, so I know they will last at least through Bee's needs.

Then we were off to Target.  Ahhh, Target.  How I have missed Target.  :)  It was time to stock up on diapers for Bubby (he is a day time cloth diapered kids and a night time sposie kid) and Dragonfly, wipes, nursing pads, and a bunch of other miscellaneous things.  I also had Butterfly pick out all of her school supplies for the beginning of the year.  Target had some good sales and it worked out really well for what I needed.  She is REALLY excited about going to kindergarten and was glad that she got to choose her supplies (most of which is in pink and purple).

Then it was time to go home.  It was then we realized how hot it was.  I refilled everyones water bottles, rolled down the front windows and turned the fan on.  We were hot but not too hot (read: the a/c doesn't work but we survived the 110* heat index).

I would say that our first trip out to a place other than the library was a complete success!  I am so proud of my kids.  They did such a great job today which made the day work REALLY well.

Off to go find dreamland!
<3 Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment