Saturday, August 28, 2010

God's Plan ~ Waiting

As a kid I heard somewhere that God can be like a stop light.  Sometimes he gives you the Green Light (the go ahead), sometimes he gives you a Red Light (Stop!), and yet other times it is Be Patient and Wait (Yellow).  I am good with the green lights and doing better with the red lights.  But those pesky yellows are starting to frustrate me. 

I know what I want.  I know what my hubby wants.  We both agree that it would be best for our family.  But God is saying, just be patient...wait. 

God's timing is always the best timing.  I am reminded of Hannah's struggle with bearing children.  God blessed her through her persistence and continuous prayers.  Eli, at one point, thought she was drunk on wine because she was so enthralled in prayer.  Now what we are waiting for is not a baby.  We have three beautiful children that we love very much. 

God knows our hearts.  God knows what we are seeking.  God knows when and where and how he is going to make this work, whether it is the way we would like it or whether it is something completely different.  In my heart, I know that God has been preparing us for what is ahead.  I just hope I can wait for His timing.  Because God's timing is ALWAYS perfect, whether we see it or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment