Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Mish Mosh and a recipe!

Ok so I have a hand-full of things for you guys today.  Just stuff I have been meaning to put in a blog post but there never seems to be a right time...so here it goes...lol.

Bee had her 3 year old appt today at the doctors office...she did great.  Only one shot and she only cried for a little bit...ok SCREAMED for a little bit.  Then I gave her smarties and the nurse gave her stickers and those tears drier up faster than the Red Sea. 

Bubby had a follow up GI appt today as well.  Yeah, smart mom right here, I scheduled 2 doctor appts on the same day (2 hrs apart) and one on each side of town.  Durrrrrrr.  Anyways, he is doing great!  We are moving him from Neocate infant to Neocate Junior.  Since he is one now he can have the big kid Neocate.  Unfortunatley, we had to do another blood draw.  They want to check a few levels on him and make sure that everything is functioning properly.

A couple of weeks ago a friend of my from church asked me if she could feature me on her blog.  So I said yes!  She is featuring the different crafty things that I do.  So here is the link to her blog so you can check me out...oh and her too...  ;)  Thank you so much Janet!  You rock!!!

As I am writing this I am eating one of my FAVORITE summer snacks.  Chips and FRESH salsa.  My mom made it when I was growing up and I loved it then and still love it now.  Here is the recipe.

Fresh Salsa

2-3 small-medium tomatoes
2-3 green onions
6ish sprigs of cliantro
1/2 lime (just gonna use the juice)
pinch of salt

Dice the tomatoes and green onion.  Then finely chop the cilantro.  Add all these ingredients into a bowl.  Sprinkle with salt and squeeze the lime to extract the juice onto the tomato mixture.  And DONE!

You can eat it right away or  you can chill it and let the flavors meld a bit before eating.  ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment