Thursday, August 12, 2010

I saw God in my laundry

I know, it is a strange title but it sums up a lot.

This week has been rough for me.  There has been a HUGE emotional roller coaster that I was on.  It made it's highs and lows and bumps and curves.  And tonight, it stopped. 

I finally had a surge of energy at about 11pm tonight.  So I walked up the stairs and stumbled over the mountain of clean laundry that I had been avoiding all week.  It has been sitting there, waiting for me to deal with it.  We kept tripping over it, I occasionally kicked it because it didn't bother to do itself...lol.  But as I sit there folding the laundry, with said energy burst, I realized how my life was like my laundry. 

There are always things in our lives that we don't like to deal with.  So we push them aside and hope they go away.  We don't want to deal with the problems.  We don't want to deal with the emotions.  We just plain don't want to deal.  So the problem gets bigger, just as when I avoided my laundry, it got bigger.  If we don't deal with our problems they get bigger and bigger and BIGGER!  And soon they may become unmanageable.  Now thankfully, my laundry is still at the manageable state.  :)  I took a break from folding because I needed to jot my thoughts down but will quickly finish up the folding before I head to bed tonight.  And will put it away in the morning as to not disturb anyone's sleep tonight. 

God reveals himself in so many unique ways.  I just never thought that he would use my laundry to teach me something. God often uses my children to teach me things, even if it is to step back and smell the flowers...or as the case may be...the pepper plants...lol.  Never give up a chance for God to show you something new.  Think about it.  Where have you seen God lately?  Is He is YOUR laundry too?

No comments:

Post a Comment