Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday, Bubby!

Bubby is 1 today!  I cannot believe it.  A whole year has passed.  Where did the time go?

One year ago today I woke up around 4:30am knowing I needed to go to the hospital.  After getting the girls arranged at a friends house, my hubby and I headed to the hospital.  Once we got there and settled we knew that today would be the day.  We also realized that we pulled classic third child problem...we had left the camera with the girls at our friends house.  We called and asked them to bring it by on the way to work.  Ahh, all was good.  I am not known for short labors so we figured we had til at least noon.  But things progressed VERY quickly.  By 7:20 Bubby entered the world!  A short hour later they took Bubby to the NICU.  That had to be the most heart wrenching thing to do.  He wasn't breathing right.  His O2 stats were terrible.  So away he went and I eventually went up to my room.  Hubby went with Bubby to be his advocate.   Bubby ended up being just fine and after a 3 day stay at the NICU we went home.  

I cannot imagine our life without him.  He is such an amazing kid.  A few hurdles later, he can now eat some normal foods and is gaining weight like a champ.  We are so proud of him.  

Happy 1st Birthday, Corbin!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment