Sunday, March 14, 2010

Easy Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Dinner

Oh my goodness!  This was one of the best meals that I have made in a long while.  It was sooo easy too!
I made Chicken Teriyaki on the grill served over a salad with pineapple rice and asparagus.  It was sooo yummy!  And easy to boot!  :)

Here is what I did:

Grilled Chicken Teriyaki

1 bag chicken tenderloins
3/4 c teriyaki sauce/marinade
1/2 c pineapple juice
1/4 c olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
Generous squirt of lemon juice

Mix all the ingredients together and toss in a large zip top baggie for a few hours.  I did mine before church and we grilled around 6pm (my marinade time was about 9 hrs).

Prepare your grill with vegetable oil.  Then grill 3-4 minutes on each side.

I did a bag of salad and tossed a few pieces of pineapple in with it to carry the flavor through.

I prepare my rice as directed from the package and tossed in a bit of pineapple juice and citrus grill seasoning.  When the rice was finished I tossed a few pieces of pineapple as well.

The asparagus I think was AMAZING, and I am not a huge asparagus fan.

I cleaned and prepared the aspargus and then heated 2 T of butter in a pan.  I then added a splash of pineapple juice, salt and pepper, and a splash of lemon juice.  I cooked them over medium heat for about 10 minutes.  Half way through the cooking I covered them.

This is what our dinner looked like.



After we ate I decided to try making this molten lava cake mix I had.  It turned out pretty well!  Here is a picture of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment