Friday, April 22, 2011

Bunny Cake and Good Friday

I got my Bunny Cake done!  YAY!  Well, it is mostly done.  We are still looking for the string style licorice.  Not sure where else to look for it.  We looked at the local grocery and the Dollar General store.  Perhaps I should just head to the gas stations and take a look.  They sometimes have the obscure things that you can't find anywhere else...lol.

It was super easy to do and I really don't think anyone could mess this one up.  I totally recommend making this cake.  Here is the finished product of what I made (minus the whiskers and mouth: aka: string style licorice).


I left the extra coconut around the bunny to give him a softer look.  The girls thought he "looks BEAUTIFUL!"  I used green Dots for the eyes, a pink M&M for the nose, twizzlers for the outline of the bowtie and jelly belly's for the decoration on the bowtie.  :)

The only thing to remember when making this cake is that it is frosted with whipped cream.  If you make it a day a head of time you will HAVE to refrigerate it.  I found out that this is the BIGGEST thing I can put in my fridge.  Anything wider or longer would NOT fit, lol!  Live and learn right?

Now to finish getting things ready for my sister to get here.  YAY!  I am so excited that she is coming to stay with us.  :)  She hasn't seen my new house yet and I haven't seen her since Christmas.  Yippeeeeee! :D

Yes, I made a cute bunny cake and I am making lots of other cute stuff for Easter but let's try and remember for a moment what happened today.  Tonight we will be attending our church's Good Friday service.  

Today is Good Friday.  Today is the day that Christ was crucified.  He was hung on a cross and died.  He died for your sins and mine.  Without this selfless deed I would not be worthy to enter Heaven to live with him.  Because of Christ I am able to be forgiven of my sins.  I am able to talk to my Heavenly Father daily and repent of my sins.  I know that I am not a perfect person.  I know that I mess up.  But I also know that if I truly am sorry for what I have done and I repent of those sins that God will wash away those sins and give me another try, even though I don't deserve it.  THANK YOU FOR YOUR GIFT TO ME, TO ALL OF US, JESUS!

<3 Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment