Monday, April 18, 2011

Easter Preparations and Baby D recipe!

I am so excited!  I am finally have the ability to HOST a family holiday!  YAY!  I am so excited I can't even tell you.  So this week will be filled with preparations.  I need to make food, clean and organize things in the house.  My mom and dad, sister and niece, and grandmother are all coming for an Easter dinner on Saturday!  YAY!   My parents and my grandma are all staying at a local hotel so we can all go to church together at our church on Sunday!  WOOOHOOOO!

Our menu for our Easter dinner is as follows:

Brown Sugar Ham
Lettuce Salad
Dinner Rolls
Strawberry Fluff
Corn Casserole
Mashed Potatoes
Dessert (to be determined what yet...lol)

I am going to be making some Rice Krispie Treat eggs with M&M's in them and already have those Bird's Nests made.  I found on another blog that I follow an idea for a Easter Basket Scavenger Hunt and we will be doing that.  When I get around to prepping for that I will link up with the other site and share that with you as well.  :)

Along with getting things ready for Easter I am going to be preparing some meals for Baby D's arrival.  Today I am going to be making an egg dish, Gabriel's Eggs.  It is definitely a family favorite.  Here is that recipe.

Gabriel's Eggs

1 loaf sourdough bread
1lb bulk sausage (we like Jimmy Dean's sage flavored the best)
8oz shredded cheese (we like cheddar but any flavor works)
4 eggs
2 1/4 c milk
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Brown sausage, drain and set aside.  While sausage is browning tear the loaf of bread into bite size pieces and place in a GREASED 9x13 pan.  In a bowl, mix milk and eggs together.

Top the bread with the browned sausage.  Then add the shredded cheese.  Pour the egg/milk mixture over top.  Add the cream of mushroom soup on top (I use a bit more milk to make the soup a bit thinner so it spreads easier).

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour.  The edges will be bubbly when it is finished.
From Frozen: Thaw first then bake as directed above.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!

<3 Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment