Wednesday, March 2, 2011

GAK...or lack there of...

Today's post was going to be the GAK post.  Little did I know that it would be an adventure in and of itself to find the ingredients.  I knew I was not going to be able to find the Glue All in the podunk town I live in. So when we went to the bigger town 30 minutes away tonight I knew I would find it there along with the needed Liquid Starch.  Well...the Glue All...NO PROBLEM!  Walked to the right aisle on the first try.  The liquid starch...well, apparently it does not exsist out here!  Ugh.  So, my GAK post has to be delayed until another week.  When I can go to a BIGGER town to find the liquid starch.  Thank goodness that my parents live in the bigger town (which by the way is 1 1/2 to 2 hrs away) so I can at least use them as an excuse.  :)
Someday, you all will see a post from me on GAK...someday....

But for today you will have to wait.  I am so sorry I couldn't come through for you on this one.  I really did not anticipate these set backs.  Who knew that in the four stores I have been to that I would not be able to find liquid starch.  Anyone want to send me some???  I will send you some GAK in return!  ;)

<3Alison

1 comment:

  1. I have tried making GAK before with no luck. I tried a couple different recipes, but I know the first time I used Washing Soda (A&H) instead of Borax (I thought they were the same thing, just different brand names!) and the second time...I can't remember what happened that time, but it was another failure. :( Can't wait to try yours out eventually. ;)

    ReplyDelete