Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Root Beer Cake

Today's plan is to make a fabulous Root Beer Cake!  YUM!  A friend of mind posted about it and I really want to try it.  I am going to be making it from scratch (since I don't like boxed cake mixes) and the recipe I got was for a box.  So we shall see how it goes!  :)

I used the same white cake recipe that I have posted before from foodnetwork.com.  You can find it here.  All I did was add 2 tsp of Root Beer Concentrate with the vanilla.  I did end up baking the cake for about 5 minutes longer than the original recipe stated but I am not sure why.  So keep an eye on it and see how it does at your house.

Then I used this vanilla icing recipe.



Despite my son deciding he was going to try the cake too (before I had removed it from the pan he had a golf ball sized hole in the cake) the cake was great!


 It was super moist and had just enough root beer flavor.  I brought this with to a dinner we were invited to and everyone loved it.


I hope you enjoy this recipe!  :)

<3Alison

1 comment:

  1. It looks like a little squirrel was looking for his nut! Glad you rescued it and it was a hit! <3

    ReplyDelete