Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Meals for Baby D


A couple nights ago I started my freezer meals for our fourth (and in my opinion) final baby.  I had made a big pot of Sausage and Lentil Soup.  It made enough for one meal for us to eat and two for us to freeze for later.  
Tonight I made a new recipe.  I made Cream Cheese Chicken.  It was super yummy!  In the words of Hubby, "You can put that in the keeper box!"  Since I have enough left over for another meal I am going to add it to our freezer meal stash.  :)

Here is that recipe:

Cream Cheese Chicken
1 .7-ounce envelope Italian dressing mix
1/2 cup butter
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
1 10.75-ounce can cream of chicken soup
1 8-ounce package cream cheese
Turn slow cooker on High. Place butter in bottom of slow cooker. When the butter has melted, add one envelope Italian dressing dry mix. Stir into butter until well mixed. Cut chicken breasts into 1" strips. Place in slow cooker and stir to coat with butter and dressing mix. Cover and cook on High for 2 hours. Remove chicken to plate to cool. Add cream of chicken soup and cream cheese. Stir to melt and mix well until smooth and creamy. Remove sauce from slow cooker and allow to cool. Place chicken and sauce into a gallon resealable freezer bag. Label. Freeze.
To serve: Thaw. Heat until piping hot and bubbly. Serve over mashed potatoes, rice, or hot buttered noodles.
Personal Note from me:  I did not do this how the directions said.  I put ALL the ingredients in the crock pot after I melted the butter and added the Italian seasoning.  It worked GREAT!  I would do it that way again.  I served it over egg noodles.
I hope that you guys like this recipe as much as my family does!  Everyone ate it, without ONE complaint!!!  (which if you have small children you know is HUGE!)
Enjoy!
<3 Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment