Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Rainbow Flower Pots

I found this craft on-line (I think someone sent me a link to a crafting blog that suggested this as well) adn thought it was too cute not to do.  A huge plus is that this is a re-usable craft as well!  :)

We took a clay pot and painted it.  Yup, that's it.  But is it perfect for St. Patty's Day AND for spring.  I did my pot like a rainbow (think ROY G BIV) and the girls just painted theirs, although I did encourage them to use all of the colors of the rainbow.



I love doing crafts like these because not only are they cute but they are functional.  After they dry I will fill them with dirt and we will be able to plant a flower or a starter plant in it for our outdoor garden for this summer.

I just used kid's washable paint to paint the outside of the pot so it is not a pot that will be able to be left outside unless I do a clear top coat of shellack (sp?).
mine

Bee's

Butterfly's



They are super cute and I can't wait to plant in them.  :)
<3Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment